How do I delete a follower in Twitter without using the Block User function?
We recently had this question from a customer using Twitter and we were surprised to find that it’s not as straight forward as it may seem and the answer (as of the time of this post) is really a hack. So we thought we’d post it up here to help out other Twitter users who wish to remove followers without blocking them.
- The best way to do this is to log into your Twitter account and go to your Followers.
- Find the want you want to remove.
- Now open their full profile in a new browser tab, you’ll need to access it in a minute.
- Back in your original tab with your follower list click the on the user drop down button and select Block @username.
- Now they’re gone as a follower, but wait you may not want them to know you’ve blocked them.
- Remember the other tab we opened with their profile in it? Refresh it.
- Now click on Unblock and the user will no longer be blocked by you.
- Go back to your followers and refresh, you’ll see they’re still not there.
- Congratulations, you’ve successfully deleted a follower without blocking them.
It’s a hack and a workaround which hopefully will be rectified by Twitter soon.